Monday, October 29, 2012

Bento Bag

You may have read my posts about bento.  Or not.

I have amassed quite a collection of bento boxes and accessories - little sauce bottles, chop sticks and shaker jars, and an impressive library of bento recipes and books.  But I never had a bag for my bento that I was truly happy with.  Until now.

I found this tutorial for a wonderfully darling and authentic bento bag and decided I had to make one of my own. 

I noticed from viewing the pictures others had posted of their finished bento bags they all seemed to use carefully coordinated fabrics.  I chose instead to use up scraps of fabric but I still think my bag harmonizes nicely AND the fabrics are all from special projects so they serve as a reminder of other nice things I have made for myself or as gifts for others. 

Here is my finished project.

Now, all I have to do is get back into the bento habit and be on my way!

By the way, I posted this here at madKnews instead of at It's My Food Blog because this post had more to do with crafting than with eating and besides, I needed a new post here.

Quotable Quotes; in the category Here, I'll Get The Check!

"A friend is one who takes you to lunch even if you're not tax deductible."  Anonymous

No comments: