Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Few Of My . . . .

I like to post "my favorite thing so far today" on my facebook page.  Usually it's something I saw or heard or maybe did or even ate.  Sometimes I get 'likes' and 'comments' on my favorite things and once I even got a comment that someone liked my "favorite thing so far today".  So I guess it's a good thing to do.

I am going to post one of my favorite things here because it is a real favorite!  There is a shop around the corner (sounds like a movie title, doesn't it) that sells produce, salads, and a few groceries.  In the past few weeks they have had potted mums on the sidewalk in front of the shop.  I wanted potted mums for my front porch so I checked them out.  Uh-uh.  Too expensive.  Their 8 inch pot went for $11 and the larger pot was $22.  I can get the 8 inch pot for 3 bucks at the local "bag yer own" grocery store.  Which is exactly what I did.  I put them in the urns on my front porch and they look great, in my humble opinion.

But yesterday that shop had a couple of additions, namely a deep purple mum (the large size) in a neon lime green metal tub.  I tell you, it knocked me out!  I went by again today to take a picture.  I wanted to wait until the mums were in full bloom but this thing is so gorgeous I was afraid somebody would buy it first.  Here it is!  Isn't it awesome?  Wow, dude, I can hear the colors!

So this is my favorite thing so far today.  What's yours?

Quotable quotes; in the category Simple Pleasures Are Best!

"Brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things."  Oscar Hammerstein from The Sound of Music

No comments: